Back by Popular Demand
“If I can’t change the system,
I will change the right person.”
Mary Anne, IQ.Rock
Fimie Don, Megat Ad’li, Ranessa Theyakaraja, Shamnirul, Maza Ma’amor, Tharwa Karina, Aznie Azmi, Akmal Barber, Husnul Hadi, Safia Azman
Born and bred in rural FELDA, Azim, is an SPM student at SMK Seri Serting. Both parents are illiterate and only possess the knowledge and skills for rubber tapping as a means of survival. As kindness and understanding are in Azim’s nature, he helps his father tap rubber every morning. Azim has a love for reading and acquiring more knowledge however he can and because of it, he has a deep curiosity about the world outside FELDA. But without financial independence, it would only remain a dream.
What Azim and the rest of SMK Seri Serting didn’t know was that their lives were about to change. An old lady named Mary, a teacher known for teaching in only the elite schools her entire teaching career in the city would come waltzing into the grounds of SMK Seri Serting. Now, in her 50s, Mary decides it is time to make a difference knowing that English is one of the most failed subjects in these areas.
Despite her good intentions, the students at the school found her intolerable in the beginning mostly due to their different demographic and racial backgrounds. These students are going to sit for SPM at the end of the year and the clock is ticking for results to show from Mary but Mary can’t just teach them English when none of them understands the language at all. Through English, Mary tries to bond with her students by teaching them about life, tolerance, friendship, trust and sacrifice.
With all the complications, different stands on what is considered correct methods, different backgrounds and more complications in such a small village; will Mary alter the school’s faculty and students perspective on education? Will the students pass their SPM? Will Azim ever break out from FELDA to pursue something bigger?
This original bilingual play is written and directed by Khairi Anwar, and inspired by the life of producer, Azmi Hud and his life in Serting.
Based on the Premiere shows in April 2018
I highly recommend this.
17th until 19th August 2018
Damansara Performing Arts Centre (DPAC)
8:00pm (Fri, Sat & Sun)
2:30pm (Sat & Sun)
Before purchasing, please do read the informations below to ease your process:
- Please DISABLE your Pop-Up Blocker
- All ticket prices are inclusive of ticketing fees.
You will be directed to the ticketing page afterwards
Students, Disabled, Senior Citizens
Buy 4 Tickets, Get 1 Ticket for FREE!
Terms & Conditions
Most frequent questions and answers
Currency and Payment Processing
- All tickets sold are in Ringgit Malaysia (MYR).
- A payment processing fee of 2.65% will be added to the total upon checkout.
- Your credit / debit card OR Direct Debit account will be charged in Ringgit Malaysia (MYR) and receipt will be generated by eGHL with details of Uberschall Digital / Anomalist Production.
- Kindly retain this receipt in a secure place for case resolution purposes.
- As of January 2016 local debit and credit cards that do not have 3D Secure Authentication are disabled for online transactions. Kindly contact your issuing bank to enable this feature (Hotline number is usually on the reverse of your card). Only then you may proceed to use your card to complete purchase.
Ownership of Event
- Events are organized, owned and/or managed by their respective owner/s and organizer/s unless stated otherwise.
- Specific terms and conditions apply for each event are specified on each event page.
- Kindly read and understand carefully before making a purchase.
No Resale of Tickets
- Tickets must not be resold or offered for resale higher than the retail price on this site.
- If a Ticket is sold in breach of this condition, we the organiser have the absolute discretion to cancel the ticket/s, refuse entry & refund.
Allocations of seats are dependent of event and organizer policies stated in the event details. Seats are not confirmed until the purchasing process is completed and e-tickets are delivered via email given.
- If you have misplaced your e-tickets you can easily retrieve them by logging into your account on this website. Alternatively you may ask us to resend said tickets at no extra cost.
- You may forward your request via email to email@example.com and include the receipt of purchase for verification purposes.
- Tickets for all events are served in E-Ticket format only.
- The e-ticket sent with your confirmation e-mail shall be your valid pass to the event. E-tickets (depending on event and organizer) can be with numbered seating or nominative or even both.
- You may be requested to present your ID at the door by the organizer prior to entry of the event for verification purposes.
- E-Tickets are furnished with barcodes and QR Codes. Kindly keep your ticket secure and do not expose the barcodes and/or QR codes to the public and social media. Anomalist Production shall not be held responsible if the security of your tickets are compromised.
- Be advised that minimum age requirements are to be met by the ticket holder.
- Organizers have the right to refuse entry if minimum age requirement is not fulfilled and no refunds shall be entertained.
Cancellations and Refunds
- Cancellation and refund policy is dictated by the organiser. Refunds can only be initiated by Uberschall Digital Sdn. Bhd. IF the event is cancelled by the organiser.
- Purchase amount will be refunded minus payment processing and other fees and taxes that legally apply.
- All prices are subject to change at any time and from time to time without prior notice until your eticket purchase is confirmed.
Payment in Full
- Upon acceptance of the booking, the Tickets must be paid for in full immediately.
- Once a booking has been paid in full and has been deemed confirmed, Tickets cannot be exchanged.
- Information, performance and event dates are subject to change.
- Anomalist Production at our discretion is responsible for any cancellation or rescheduling of events or for any changes in the programme or performance.
- In the case of an event itself being cancelled or postponed you will be refunded the amount paid by either the event promoters, organisers or agents, less any administration and handling fees.
- Uberschall Digital Sdn. Bhd. reserves the right to retain any administration fees and charges incurred.
- If an event or a portion thereof is cancelled or postponed after it has commenced, Anomalist Production or Uberschall Digital Sdn. Bhd. are not liable to exercise refunds unless explicitly stated otherwise in the event details.
- These terms and conditions are governed by the Laws of Malaysia
- Tickets are managed and generated via the Ubertickets platform which Uberschall Digital Sdn. Bhd. owns.